Thursday, February 2, 2012

Feb 2

This post is a much lighter note than my previous post. 
This morning was a tough one - first morning away from home and i now fully understand what it means to be homesick. 

but i got myself together and went out around the city again today. 

I passed through the university to get myself familiar with it and you have to see some of these photos, im not sure exactly how old these buildings are but they sure do make them look antique. And ive noticed that almost every door to the buildings, pubs, and stores around here are all huge wooden doors with hardly any to no windows - they look so cool but its hard to tell what you are walking into. 

 sorry about the picture quality, i still refuse to take out my camera and look like a tourist so these are my "discreet" photography skills"
this is walking up to the main doors where the library is
 

After seeing a bit of the school I went to a pub for lunch and everything was pretty delish. Food prices equal out to what they would be in Canada but the beers are much cheeper :)


this is one of the "Blumenladen" (flower shops) in Graz - their are actually so many of them all over the city :) 

















I also tried out one of the supermarkets that i spotted yesterday, but it lacked a lot of options - except for alcohol - which i honestly cannot believe how cheap things are - bottle of champagne for 1.90? thats cray! .. anyway i was happy to find a much larger grocery store later that actually sold produce :) all of these pretzels and schnitzel are going to get to me !

here is a video of what a typical street looks like: 


anyway the more i go out there and learn first hand the easier everything is becoming. 
Patience :) 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment