Thursday, February 23, 2012

Time of my life

Two days ago, all of Austria celebrated Fasching and invited all of us international students to be 100% apart of it.

Graz holds a parade through the city every year on this day and the turn out is amazing! The international students were invited to be apart of it this year and so we painted T-shits to show off our pride for our home country's. I honestly expected this to be a slow parade with some bands and nice floats. I couldnt have been more wrong. The Fasching parade in Graz was probably the biggest party i have EVER been apart of.

All of us internationals got together at about 1030 to paint our faces, do some "pre lashing" and marched on over, singing our national anthems (looking like crazy people) to the beginning of the parade at the Opera house. We did not expect to have this much fun at all but I can tell you that every single one of us had the time of our lives! You can see the parade that was broadcast on Austrian tv at this link: Parade Link
... jump ahead to about 18:30 to catch the other internationals and I .. I think I did Canada well :)

We made the cover of the newspaper the next day :)

After the parade, a bunch of us went to Office Pub (obviously) .. and from there we headed out to the Carnival street party in the "Bermuda Triangle" .. the old part of town, where there were bier stands like crazy, people like crazy, and crazy amounts of music. We danced and drank out there for hours. 


I would visit Austria every year just for this day.

Check out my pictures below, I think they speak louder than any of my explanations can. (Ps: sorry about all the orange juice bottles in the pictures - we made mimosa's)
Our International Leader guy

































































Canadian girls <3
















Also, I thought you guys might like to check out my friend Courtney's Blog! walkinginthesoundofmusic.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment